Our policy to ensure you understand how we treat your personal information.
Welcome to TRILOGY. In the terms below, when we use the words “we”, “us”, “our” or “TRILOGY” we mean TRILOGY Limited (Company No. 7306656) and any related company that provides you with TRILOGY services. When we refer to “you”, we mean you, our customer and/or the user of the TRILOGY website (www.TRILOGY.net.nz) and services.
As a company we take pride in being transparent and straight-up with kiwis. We believe it is important for you to know how we treat any personal information we collect about you.
In the everyday course of interacting with us, we may ask you for personal information. This policy has been created to help you understand how we collect, use and protect your information when you visit our website and use TRILOGY products and services.
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Act). The policy set out below does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. For more information about how your personal information is protected under the Act and the Telecommunications Information Privacy Code 2003 visit www.privacy.org.nz.
Information we collect
We will collect personal information about you when you provide it to us via our website (including information entered in our sign-up form and other forms across the website), through interactions you have with us (via our call centre, webchat, email or other contact channel – including call recordings), or when you purchase or use our products and services. The information we collect may include:
- email address; and
- contact number.
We may also collect information about you through third parties (for example credit checking agencies.) where you have agreed to this, or if the information is publicly available.
How we use your information
We collect and use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- Verifying and confirming your identity;
- Providing and maintaining the products and services you have with us;
- Processing complete or partial requests, or transactions that you make with us (for example requesting to join TRILOGY). If you provide us with personal information such as your email address or mobile number (e.g. by filling out a website form), we may use that information to communicate with you about relevant products or services – this may include telemarketing or email marketing;
- Carrying out credit checks when necessary;
- Communicating and marketing our products and services to you, via TXT, email, online advertising or by phone;
- Offering you special rewards, offers, competitions or other promotions;
- Inviting you to complete customer research (e.g. customer satisfaction surveys, focus groups);
- Responding to any requests for service, support, or complaints you have made via any of our customer interaction channels;
- Billing you and collecting money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- Training our staff, monitoring our network(s) and service(s), and maintaining our system(s);
- Complying with legal, governmental or regulatory agencies’ requests in connection with the regulation of telecommunications services, and in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention or detection, or prosecution;
- Monitoring our network and usage of data on our network; and
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
Who we may disclose your information to
We may at times need to disclose your personal information to:
- A credit reference agency (upon your agreement) for the purpose of checking your credit information. We may also disclose information relevant to your TRILOGY accounts including repayment history information to any credit reporting agency. Credit reporting agencies may use information disclosed by us to update their credit reporting database and disclose any information that they hold about you to their own customers as permitted under the Credit Reporting Privacy Code 2004. In addition, we may use any service provided by our credit reporting agencies to receive updates of the information it holds about you;
- Another company within our group;
- A business or organisation whose products and services support our service(s), network(s), or other parts of our operations.
- Our agents who promote, sell on behalf of or offer our services;
- Other network operators as required to provide and/or support the product(s) and service(s) we provide to you;
- Third parties who we share aggregated user/customer statistics, where you cannot be personally identified e.g. advertising agencies, potential customers or partners;
- Organisations (and their representatives) whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- Any of our potential or actual assignees or transferees, such as a potential purchaser of our business.
Accessing and changing the information we hold about you
You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and may request a correction to your personal information (see below for contact details). This right will only be exercisable if you can provide evidence that confirms you are the person to whom the personal information relates to.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it. We will make the correction provided that we are reasonably able to do so.
Security of your information
We take all reasonable steps to protect personal information including external and internal security, restricting access to personal information, maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
Changes to this Policy
Last updated: 12th May 2020